Thursday: Tex Mex Lamb Burritos
Make your money go further with Miguel's five meals for under $100
Air Date: 02 Jun 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan forced.
- In a large saucepan heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over a medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery and garlic and sauté until soft.
- Meanwhile add Mexican seasoning, salt and pepper to lamb mince, mixing well with hands until combined.
- In another frying pan heat a tablespoon of oil over a medium high heat and add the mince. Breaking it down with a wooden spoon until well cooked and crispy all over.
- Deseed the tomatoes – adding the seeded centres to the mince mixture to add moisture. Dice the flesh of the tomatoes and set aside for the salsa.
- Add the vegetables to the mince mixture, adding rice, beans and the beef stock – cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring to combine.
- For the salsa, add chopped coriander stalks, lime juice and a drizzle of olive oil to the diced tomatoes, and stir to combine. Season and set aside.
- Layer a square of baking paper on top of a square of foil. Place a tortilla on top of the baking paper.
- Smear sour cream over the tortilla and sprinkle with a little grated cheese. Pile a large spoon of the rice and lamb mixture in the centre of the tortilla. Top with some fresh coriander sprigs.
- Roll the burrito tightly, and repeat with remaining tortillas. Heat in the oven for 10 minutes, until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with tomato and coriander salsa.