Turkish Delight Donuts
Miguel meets Tahir Bilgic to talk about his new show Street Smart and they make some donuts
Air Date: 07 Sep 2018
Miguel's sweet treat is perfect for you to show off at your next afternoon tea.
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 3 minutes
- Preheat oil in a deep fryer or deep-sided saucepan to 190C.
- Combine flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a bowl and gradually whisk in 175mL lukewarm water until combined and smooth.
- Stand in warm place for 15-20 minutes, until the mixture is aerated and bubbles form on the surface.
- Add the cubes of Turkish delight to the donut batter, stirring to distribute throughout the mixture.
- Using two spoons, dipped in oil to prevent sticking, add a quenelle or spoonful of batter into the hot oil.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until golden brown and cooked through. Toss in icing sugar and orange zest. Serve drizzled with honey and sprinkle with chopped pistachios