Wednesday: Chicken Curry with Rice
Make your money go further with Miguel's five meals for under $100
Air Date: 02 Jun 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Mix the spices and salt together in a bowl until well combined, then add the chicken pieces and mix well to coat.
- Heat a tablespoon of vegetable oil in a large pot and add the chicken. Seal on each side until turning until golden brown on all sides. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- In the same pan heat another tablespoon of oil and sauté the onion and the white parts of the spring onions until soft. Add the crushed garlic and heat for another minute, until fragrant. Add in the excess dry spices from the chicken coating.
- Add the canned tomatoes and return the chicken to the pot. Add chicken stock and simmer for half an hour, until tender and falling off the bone.
- Once cooked add butter, cream and season. Add capsicum strips and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Garnish with the greens of the spring onions, julienned chilli and coriander leaves.
- Serve with lime wedges and rice. 600g raw rice will make around 1.8kg of cooked rice. Reserve half of the cooked rice (900g) for tomorrow night’s meal.