Yule Log Stuffed With White Chocolate Cream
Miguel shows us how to make the perfect Christmas Turkey
Air Date: 30 Nov 2018
Miguel prepares a traditional chocolate log his mum used to cook at Christmas when he was growing up.
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Grease a 25cm x 30cm swiss roll pan. Line base with baking paper, extending it 5cm over long sides of the pan.
- Sift cocoa and half flour in a small bowl. Stir in grated dark chocolate. Sift remaining flour into another bowl. Stir in grated white chocolate.
- Whisk eggs and sugar in heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water until thick and creamy. Divide mixture between 2 flour mixtures. Stir to combine. Add a tbsp. of boiling water into each to soften if required.
- Spoon alternate spoonfuls of mixture over base of prepared pan. Swirl with a knife to reate a marbled effect.
- Cook in oven for about 15 minutes or until firm.
- Place damp tea towel on bench. Top with baking paper. Immediately turn cake onto paper. Remove lining paper.
- Using a serrated knife trim short edges of the cake. Roll cake firmly from short side with baking paper inside. Cover with damp tea towel and cool.
- Meanwhile, to make filling, place white chocolate in a small bowl. Heat 125ml of cream in small saucepan until hot. Pour cream over the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
- Beat remaining cream in small bowl with electric mixer until firm peaks form. Fold quarter of whipped cream into white chocolate mixture to loosen. Fold in remaining cream.
- Once cooled, unroll sponge, spreading with cream mixture. Roll up again, using paper as a guide.
- To prepare the garnish make a dark chocolate ganache by heating the thickened cream in a small saucepan until hot. Pour cream over dark chocolate chips, stir until smooth. Add extra virgin olive oil and stir to combine.
- Drizzle the chocolate ganache over the top of the Yule log, letting it dribble down the sides of the cake. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
- To serve decorate with flaked chocolate and red berries.