Network Ten Social Media Community Guidelines
Our social media channels are great place for you to share your thoughts about Network Ten programs. We’d love to share our community guidelines with you, which help to make this page a safe, fun and exciting place where everyone can get involved.
Our social media channels are managed by Ten’s digital media team. This includes, but is not limited to, Facebook, Twitter and Google Plus. We specialise in questions relating to digital media, however, will do our best to answer questions or comments you have and pass on any suggestions to the correct departments within Network Ten.
For information about the latest in programming, please refer to our TV Guide which is updated daily.
Please keep in mind that we can’t respond to everyone, and comments requiring longer responses may take some time to look into. Alternatively, please head to our Contact Us page for any specific enquiries which do not directly relate to digital media.
If you’re about to ask a question, you may even find we’ve answered it to another user from our account. It is a good idea to check out older responses to see if that answers any of your questions.
The digital media team reserve the right to remove any post without notification and block any users when deemed to be acting in breach of our Community Guidelines.
Network Ten:- Does not represent or warrant the accuracy of any statement or product screening time claims made on its social media channels.
- Is not responsible for any user content on its social media channels.
- Does not endorse any opinions expressed on its social media channels.
- Does not monitor every piece of user content posted on its social media channels.
To adhere to the Ten Social Media Community Rules, Network Ten expects that users will not:
- Disrespect your fellow community members when you post, including Ten staff or moderators.
- Swear, antagonise, post derogatory or discriminatory remarks, post misleading content or post show spoilers.
- Defame, abuse, harass, antagonise, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such of rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, post, distribute or disseminate any defamatory, infringing, indecent, misleading or unlawful material or information. This includes abusing language and inappropriate photos.
- Post material which discriminates against a member or members of the community based on sex race, sexuality, religion or any other issue.
- Post personal details, including address, phone number or any other contact details.
- Spam the wall, this includes repetitive comments and inciting other users to spam the wall with any kind of content.
- Upload or attach any files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy of publicity), unless you own or control the thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Upload or attach any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Delete any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary information from content.
- Falsify the origin or source of materials.
- Post spoilers (or reveal the ending or key parts) of films or content which is screened on Ten.
- Post content advertising any products, business or services. This includes competitor networks.
- Ask for a response for questions which have already been answered to you personally or recently. This may be treated as spam.