This simple Caprese salad is healthy and refreshing, with tomatoes, sweet basil and boccocini cheese.
Recipe by: Green Team
- Preheat oven to 160C.
- For Roast Tomatoes, place tomatoes onto a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Scatter the stems over the tomatoes and place into the oven.
- Bake until tomatoes have darkened in colour and are starting to collapse, approximately 45 minutes. Remove from the oven; discard the stems and season with salt. Set aside to cool.
- For the Croutons, drizzle olive oil over the bread slices and then place onto baking trays. Place into the oven and bake until golden and crisp, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the oven, break 3cm cubes and set aside.
- For the Toasted Pine Nuts, place the pine nuts onto a baking tray and toast in the oven until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- For the Balsamic Reduction, place the vinegar into a medium sized saucepan and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Simmer the liquid until thick, syrupy and reduced in volume by about ¾’s. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To serve, arrange half of the basil leaves into the base of the serving dish. Top with the remaining elements and scatter with the remaining basil leaves. Drizzle with the Balsamic Reduction and some extra virgin olive oil.
Watch Full Episodes