Doughnut Kebab with Caramelised Pineapple
Recipe by: Green Team
- Preheat deep fryer to 180°C.
- For the Doughnuts, place the milk into a small saucepan and heat to 37°C then add the melted butter and stir to combine. Remove from the heat and whisk in the eggs, yeast and caster sugar.
- Place the flour in a large bowl and make a well in the centre. Whisk in the wet ingredients until a wet dough forms and all of the flour is incorporated with minimal lumps. Cover with a clean tea towel and set aside to prove for 45 minutes.
- Working in batches, carefully drop heaped teaspoons of the dough into the preheated deep fryer and fry until golden brown and cooked through, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from the oil and drain on paper towel.
- Meanwhile, for the Doughnut Coating, place the caster sugar, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a large bowl and mix well to combine. Once cooked, toss the Doughnuts through the sugar and spice mixture and set aside.
- For the Caramelised Pineapple, preheat a griddle pan over medium heat.
- Cut the pineapple into 2cm cubes and place into a medium bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and toss well to coat.
- Add the pineapple cubes to the hot griddle pan and fry until golden and caramelised. Remove from the griddle and set aside, keeping warm.
- For the Butterscotch Sauce, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring until the butter has melted and sugar has dissolved. Continue to cook until thick and bubbling, about 6-8 minutes, then remove from the heat. Transfer to a serving jug and set aside keeping warm.
- To serve, thread 3 Doughnuts onto a skewer, with a piece of Caramelised Pineapple in between each Doughnut. Repeat this process to make 7 more skewers. Serve with the warm Butterscotch Sauce in a jug on the side.
Watch Full Episodes