Honey Semifreddo with Lemon Crumb and Honey Lemon Caramel
Recipe by: Charlie Sartori - Contestant
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- For the Honey Semifreddo, place egg, yolk and caster sugar into a bowl over a saucepan simmering water and whisk until pale and thickened, about 6 minutes. Remove from heat and gently fold in honey until fully incorporated.
- Meanwhile, whip cream to stiff peaks.
- Fold the honey egg mixture into the whipped cream and transfer into 12 x 6cm hemisphere moulds. Set aside in freezer until set.
- For the Lemon Crumb, line a baking tray with baking paper. Place all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until mixture has just come together. Spread mixture thinly onto tray and bake until golden, about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool completely.
- Once cooled, break up biscuit and blitz in a food processor to a coarse crumb. Transfer to baking tray and bake until lightly golden, about 8 minutes. Set aside.
- For the Candied Lemon, combine sugar with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan and heat until sugar has dissolved. Add lemon rind and cook for 20 minutes. Remove lemon strips and set aside on a tray lined with baking paper.
- For the Honey Lemon Caramel, combine all ingredients in a small saucepan over medium heat and stir until dark brown, about 12 minutes.
- To serve, spoon some Lemon Crumb on the plate, place a dome of Honey Semifreddo on one end of crumb and top with a piece of Candied Lemon. Finish with Honey Lemon Caramel.
Watch Full Episodes