Recipe by: Emily Loo - Contestant
Serves: Serves 4
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 13cm x 25cm cake tin.
- Place the egg yolks in a bowl of an electric mixer and whisk until light and fluffy. Gradually add caster sugar and whisk until very light and fluffy and pale yellow colour. Gently fold in flour and pour into prepared tin. Place in the oven and bake until cooked through, about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the verjuice, vino cotto, umeboshi plum, pear, sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan and place over medium heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until reduced by 1/3, and thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool completely.
- Spread half the cooled verjuice mixture on the cake. Set aside.
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in the remaining verjuice mixture. Spread cream on the cake and serve.
Watch Full Episodes