Matt's Five Things in Five Minutes
Matt shows you how to make five delicious things in just five minutes
Air Date: 09 May 2019
Matt Preston whips up a feast of 5 different dishes in 5 minutes, including a Yoghurt Flatbread, Quick Pickle and some Chicken.
Recipe by: Matt Preston
Rate this recipe:
- Matt Preston
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Caster Sugar
- Chipotle Chilli
- Cumin Seeds
- Grapeseed Oil
- Greek Yoghurt
- Lemon Juice
- Lime Juice
- Red Onion
- Salt Flakes
- Self-raising Flour
- Spring Onion
- For the Flat Bread, combine flour, yoghurt and salt in a medium mixing bowl. Mix until just combined.Transfer dough to a well-floured bench and knead until smooth. Divide the dough into 6 equal portions and roll out to 18cm wide disks.
- Heat a grill plate over high heat. In batches, grill each flatbread for 1 minute each side.
- For the Chipotle Instant Mayo, place the egg, keeping yolk in tact, into the blending cup of a stick blender. Add the grapeseed oil and chipotle. Place the head of the stick blender over the yolk. Holding the blender on the bottom of the blending cup, make small movements of the stick blender up and down within the mixture. Process until mixture has emulsified and is thick and creamy. Gradually add more oil while blending to thicken if liked. Season with lemon juice, salt and chilli sauce to taste.
- For the Quickle, slice the jalapenos into round slices. Transfer jalapenos to a large zip lock bag and seal. Shake the bag to deseed jalapenos if you’d like. Remove jalapeno slices, leaving seeds in the bag. Discard the seeds and return jalapeno slices to the bag.
- Add the caster sugar, salt flakes and red onion. Briefly shake to mix and set aside for 5 minutes or until jalapeno starts to weep. Add the apple cider vinegar, shake to mix and set aside for 5-10 minutes to pickle.
- For the Microwave Salsa, place corn cobs, still in husk, on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 4 minutes. When cool enough to handle, remove husk and silk and discard.
- Heat the same grill plate over high heat. Place corn on and grill on all sides to char the kernels. Transfer corn to a chopping board and cut the kernels from the cob.
- Transfer corn kernels to a medium bowl. Add coriander stems, spring onion, cumin seeds, pomegranate seeds and salt. Season salsa with lime juice and gently toss together.
- For the Prawns, place a medium frypan over high heat and warm the grapeseed oil. Add the prawns and cook for 2 minutes, turning to cook both sides evenly. Season with salt, add tequila to the frypan and flambé.
- For the Chicken, slice breast in half lengthways. Place the chicken between two sheets of baking paper and use a meat mallet or rolling pin to flatten to approximately 5mm thick. Season with salt and coriander.
- Place a medium frypan over high heat and warm the grapeseed oil. Add the chicken and cook for 1 minute each side or until just cooked through.
- Serve it all up and let everyone help themselves.
- Tip – Flat bread can be reheated in the toaster.