Pan Fried Barramundi with Bok Choy and Vinaigrette
Make it a signature meal by pairing it with Jacob’s Creek Barossa Signature Riesling
Recipe by: Sarah Tiong - Contestant
- For the Asian Vinaigrette, place all ingredients and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and stir well to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
- For the Shiitake Mushrooms, heat oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender. Season, remove from heat and set aside in the pan to keep warm.
- For the Barramundi, season the barramundi fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a large frypan over a medium heat. Fry the barramundi, skin side down, until the skin is crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and fry until just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on a warm plate.
- For the Braised Bok Choy, heat a large frypan over medium heat. Add oil and place bok choy, cut side down, in the pan. Cook until caramelised, about 1-2 minutes. Turn the bok choy over, add the sliced ginger and soy sauce to the pan with a little water if necessary. Cover and steam until tender and liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, remove ginger slices from Asian Vinaigrette and discard. Place bean sprouts in a pile on each plate. Arrange 2 bok choy halves and a few quarters of Shiitake Mushroom next to the bean sprouts. Place a piece of the Barramundi on top of the bean sprouts. Garnish with red chilli and coriander leaves. Serve immediately with the Vinaigrette on the side.
6. Make it your signature mealEnhance the flavours of the dish by pairing it with a bottle of Jacob's Creek Barossa Signature Riesling. The lemon and lime flavours found in the wine enhance the delicate flavours of this pan fried Barramundi. Get your loved ones around a table, and there you have it - signature meal is served.
Watch Full Episodes