Pan Fried Barramundi with Bok Choy and Vinaigrette
Recipe by: Sarah Tiong - Contestant
- For the Asian Vinaigrette, place all ingredients and 2 tablespoons of water in a small bowl and stir well to combine. Season to taste and set aside.
- For the Shiitake Mushrooms, heat oil in a large frypan over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden and tender. Season, remove from heat and set aside in the pan to keep warm.
- For the Barramundi, season the barramundi fillets with salt and pepper on both sides. Heat a large frypan over a medium heat. Fry the barramundi, skin side down, until the skin is crispy, about 2-3 minutes. Turn the fillets over and fry until just cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside on a warm plate.
- For the Braised Bok Choy, heat a large frypan over medium heat. Add oil and place bok choy, cut side down, in the pan. Cook until caramelised, about 1-2 minutes. Turn the bok choy over, add the sliced ginger and soy sauce to the pan with a little water if necessary. Cover and steam until tender and liquid has evaporated, about 2-3 minutes.
- To serve, remove ginger slices from Asian Vinaigrette and discard. Place bean sprouts in a pile on each plate. Arrange 2 bok choy halves and a few quarters of Shiitake Mushroom next to the bean sprouts. Place a piece of the Barramundi on top of the bean sprouts. Garnish with red chilli and coriander leaves. Serve immediately with the Vinaigrette on the side.
Watch Full Episodes