Passionfruit Sphere and Coconut Granita with Pineapple
Recipe by: Reynold Poernomo - Contestant
- For the passionfruit spheres, heat puree to a simmer. Add xanthan gum and blend with a hand blender until well combined. Add softened sheet of gelatine and blitz. Add melted white chocolate and blend until well combined. Strain into an ISI gun and charge twice. Shake well and dispense into 8 x 7cm silicone half dome moulds. Freeze until set. Once set, scoop out centre with a hot spoon and return to freezer.
- For the granita, combine ingredients in a bowl and whisk until will combined. Strain into a small baking tray and set aside in freezer. When frozen, scrape with a fork and return to freezer.
- For the pineapple, place sugar and 65ml water into a small pan and melt over medium high heat until golden caramel forms. Add saffron and pineapple and stir to coat, pour onto silpat. Set aside to cool.
- Unmould passion fruit domes and spoon pineapple mixture into half of the domes then top with remaining empty domes. Use finger to join and smooth spheres. Place on paper lined baking tray and set aside in freezer.
- For the coconut cream, combine ingredients together in a small saucepan and bring to a simmer. Strain and set aside, keep warm.
- To assemble, fill coconuts with some granita. Place sphere in centre of granita and sprinkle zest, mint, freeze dried pineapple and passionfruit pulp around sphere. To serve, pour warm coconut cream over.
Watch Full Episodes