Heston prepares a triple treat and teaches you how to make eggs three ways
Air Date: 22 Jun 2017
Recipe by: Heston Blumenthal
- Place a side plate, upside down, into the bottom of large pot. Fill the pot with salted water, place the pot over a medium heat and bring to 80C.
- Place a large slotted spoon with small holes over a small glass bowl. Gently crack the egg on a flat surface then crack onto the slotted spoon. Pour the egg into the small glass bowl. Gently pour into the water at 80C and cook for 4 minutes, using the slotted spoon to ensure that the egg does not sink to the bottom.
- Meanwhile, place the bread into the toaster to toast.
- Use the slotted spoon to remove the egg from the water and allow excess water to drain off. Gently place the egg onto a plate.
- Butter the toast ensuring to spread butter across the whole surface to the edges and place onto serving plate.
- Place poached egg onto the toast and season with some salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
Watch Full Episodes