Apricot Chicken Tagine
This easy prepare a one-pot wonder is perfect for busy weeknight dinners
Air Date: 10 Mar 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
Rate this recipe:
- The Living Room
- Miguel Maestre
- Chicken Stock
- Coriander Roots
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Ras El Hanout
- Red Capsicum
- Spanish Onions
- In a mortar and pestle pound the garlic, coriander roots and stems with a large pinch of salt to a paste. Add olive oil, honey, lemon juice and ras el hanout and mix well.
- Place the chicken in a bowl and pour over the marinade. Using your hands, massage the marinade into the meat. Set aside in fridge to marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the olive oil for in a tagine or large, heavy-based saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the apricots, stirring until blistered. Add lemon slices, placing flat on the base to get colour on the surface of the fruit.
- Add the marinated chicken to the pan, stirring until coloured on all sides.
- Deglaze the pan with stock and top with vegetables. Reduce heat, cover and cook for 30 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and tender.
- Meanwhile, make the couscous. Coat a heatproof bowl with the olive oil, by swirling it around the bowl, and then add couscous.
- Add boiling water and butter. Cover immediately with plastic wrap to ensure no steam escapes. Set aside for 10 minutes until the water has been absorbed. Stir with fork to fluff the grains. Add the remaining ingredients and toss until combined.
- Serve apricot chicken tagine with the couscous salad.