Miguel shows you how to manage your intolerances and allergies without needing to give up eating delicious food.
Air Date: 29 Jun 2018
These light and refreshing Avocado Canneloni are a perfect entree for entertaining
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
- To make the almond aioli take a powerful blender and blend almonds, olive oil, almond milk until it has a smooth creamy consistency. Season to taste and set aside.
- For the filling gently toss together all ingredients and season to taste. Add half of the aioli and toss to combine.
- To make the salsa verde pound all ingredients together in a mortar and pesto until a smooth paste is formed. Season to taste and set aside.
- To serve cut avocadoes in half. Scoop half an avocado out of its skin using a large metal spoon to get a smooth edge. Slice avocado lengthways into thin, even slices.
- Lay the avocado slices side by side along the length of a sheet of edible rice paper, leaving a 1cm space on each end. Drizzle with some of the lemon juice to prevent browning, and season with salt and pepper.
- Take 1/6 of the filling and spoon out along the middle of the avocado. Tightly roll the avocado around the filling to create a avocado covered cylinder.
- Cut the avocado cannelloni in half and place in the centre of the plate. Drizzle with some of the remaining aioli and salsa verde and serve