Miguel thinks big when cooking a mega Christmas feast for a well-deserving charity
Air Date: 01 Dec 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Cook the risoni in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and set aside. Reserve pasta water.
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan heat the butter and 2 tbsp of the olive oil. Fry the turkey meat and corn until caramelised.
- Next add the ham, sprouts, capsicum and red onion and cook for another 3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the cooked risoni to the frying pan together with the cranberries, peas, remaining olive oil and lemon juice.
- Also add a couple of spoonfuls of pasta water to bring the whole dish together – the starch in the water will help the sauce coat the pasta. Season. Stir to combine.
- Top the risoni with the feta and chopped parsley. Serve warm.