Falafel Salad Crepe
Spoil your Mum this Mother's Day with Miguel's sweet and savoury crepes
Air Date: 11 May 2018
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
- Combine flour and salt in bowl. Slowly add milk, whisking to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking until smooth.
- Heat ½ tbsp butter in a large frying over a medium heat until foaming. Add one ladle of the batter, tilting the pan to create an even thickness. Cook for 2-3 minutes until bubbles appear and the edges start to colour. Flip the crepe and cook for another 2 minutes or until cooked through. Repeat with remaining batter and butter, as needed.
- Whilst crepes are cooking, make the filling by combining the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, falafels, spinach and feta in a bowl. Dress with extra virgin olive oil and za’atar. Season and stir to combine.
- Allow crepes to cool before adding filling.
- To serve place one crepe flat on a plate, spread 1 tbsp of yoghurt on the base and sprinkle with falafel mix. Garnish with mint leaves and serve. *Za’atar spice mix is available from delicatessens and gourmet food stores