Harissa Lamb with Baba Ghanoush and White Bean Salad
Miguel visits farmer and lamb producer Ben in the Riverina to discover what makes his lamb really stand out
Air Date: 24 Feb 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels and rub with harissa paste mix. Allow to get to room temperature for at least 30 minutes prior to cooking. Massaging the meat helps to get it to room temperature more quickly.
- With a splash of olive oil in a large frying pan or BBQ grill on medium heat (to avoid burning the marinade). Cook lamb for 35-40 minutes for medium-rare, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and set to one side.
- Place eggplant on an open flame and burn on all sides for about 10 minutes until it is very soft, and the skin is blackened. Set on a chopping board and peel the burnt skin off, being very careful of the steam. Remove the stem and charred skin.
- Place the eggplant in a bowl with the crushed garlic, tahini, lemon juice, salt, olive oil and chives, and mash with a fork to a rough consistency.
- Toss the white bean salad ingredients together, and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Set aside.
- Slice the lamb thinly against the grain and serve with the salad and baba ghanoush.