Mac 'N' Cheese Muffins
Miguel shows you how to fill your kid's lunchboxes with nutritious and delicious food
Air Date: 27 Apr 2018
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Preheat oven to 180C fan forced or 200C convection.
- Cook macaroni in a large pot of salted water according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a medium saucepan and add the flour.
- Cook, stirring for 1 minute over medium low heat.
- Gradually add the milk, whisking until smooth. Stir gently until mixture comes just to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and add grated cheese and stir until melted and smooth.
- Drain pasta and return to pan. Pour cheese sauce over pasta, add ham and spinach and stir until coated. Season, sprinkle with chives and pour into standard muffin tray, bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm or cool.