Mocha Chip Cookies
Coffee lovers rejoice! Miguel shows you a great way to use coffee in your cooking.
Air Date: 24 May 2019
Miguel's Mocha Cookies are the perfect treat to go with your morning coffee, or go-to snack to have throughout the day
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
Serves: 60 mini cookies
- Using electric beaters, cream butter, sugars and coffee powder together until light and fluffy and powder has dissolved. Add egg and vanilla. Beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and a pinch of salt. Fold the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until it just comes together. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Lay out a length of baking paper. Place cookie dough in centre of the paper, using your hands to shape it into a rough log. Fold baking paper in half over the dough.
- Holding the bottom of the baking paper with one hand, press a pastry scraper into the crease that forms between the dough and the baking paper. Move the scraper back and forth to even out the cylinder until it has a diameter of around 4cm, leaving space at the end of the paper for wrapping.
- Tightly wrap the baking paper around the cylinder and firmly twist ends together to form tight seal.
- Chill dough in fridge for at least 30 minutes. Alternatively the dough can be frozen to use later.
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Slice chilled dough into 2cm thick rounds. Line a baking tray and lay out dough slices, leaving some space between them, as they will grow during baking.
- Bake for about 12 minutes, until lightly golden and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for a couple of minutes before moving to a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with a cup of coffee.