Orange and Vanilla Bread and Butter Pudding
Miguel showcases delicious handmade cultured butter in his bread and butter pudding
Air Date: 09 Jun 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Generously spread the pastries with butter and then line the pie dish with the brioche slices, topping them with the pastries.
- In a large bowl whisk together the milk, egg yolks, caster sugar and vanilla until sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the milk mixture over the pastries – pressing down the pastries if needed to make space for all of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with candied orange peel.
- Bake in a bain marie* in the oven at 140C for 45 minutes or until just set.
- To finish, sprinkle with additional sugar and caramelise under the grill.
Notes: A bain marie is a water bath. This heats the dish at a gentle and uniform heat. It is used for cooking delicate food like custards and terrines. To set up a bain marie place the pie dish into a roasting tray. Fill the roasting tray with boiling water before placing it in the oven to bake. Be careful the water does not leak into the pie dish.