Roast Pumpkin Lasagne
Miguel visits the team at OzHarvest to learn some tricks on how to use leftovers to make yummy meals
Air Date: 08 Jun 2018
Miguel teams up with OzHarvest to create a healthy and sustainably-cooked pumpkin lasagne
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 45 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Make a well with the flour in the middle of the bench and add the eggs. Incorporate the flour a little at a time until the dough comes together.
- Turn out onto a bench and knead lightly until smooth. Wrap with cling film then rest for 60 minutes.
- Cut into fist sized balls, flour and roll through pasta maker.
- Coat pumpkin with olive oil and salt and roast at 190C for 30 minutes or until soft and lightly caramelized.
- Cook onion and garlic until soft, add silverbeet and cook until just wilted.
- To make the béchamel, melt butter in a saucepan, add flour and cook until lightly golden. Add milk a little at a time, stirring to avoid lumps. Season, add cheese and reserve.
- Assemble lasagne by layering pasta sheets, tomato passata, vegetables and béchamel sauce in a baking dish.
- Bake uncovered at 190C for 30 minutes or until golden.
- Top with pumpkin seed pesto and serve.
- Blend until fairly smooth, adding a little olive oil at a time.
- Adjust seasoning and reserve.