South American Okonomiyaki
Miguel creates his take on a classic Japanese dish
Air Date: 20 Oct 2017
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- For the pancake, mix flour, water and eggs until a smooth consistency, then fold in the rest of the ingredients and mix well together.
- Pour into a pan or onto BBQ hot plate, using a scraper to shape it into a large circle of about 20cm in diameter. Cook for 5 minutes, allowing the water and cabbage to steam with the heat. When there is a crust on the bottom, flip to cook the pancake on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the chimichurri by blending garlic, chilli, lemon juice, parsley, coriander and olive oil. Season to taste.
- Cook the chorizo slices in a pan/on a BBQ until crispy. Dress in 1 tbsp of the chimichurri.
- When pancake is cooked, top it with the crispy chorizo and feta. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of chimichurri. Serve hot.