Tandoori Lamb with Raita and Yoghurt Flatbread
Feeling inspired after visiting a farm in Timboon, Victoria, Miguel shows us how to make Tandoori Lamb with Yoghurt Bread
Air Date: 09 Mar 2018
Recipe by: Miguel Maestre
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Preheat BBQ to high
- Mix the tandoori paste and yoghurt in a large bowl to combine. Season.
- Add lamb, turning to coat. Add slices of zucchini to the marinade. Set aside to marinate whilst you prepare the bread and raita.
- To make the raita, grate the cucumber into a bowl, season with cumin, salt and add olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Add the yoghurt, stirring until it comes together like a thick sauce (this is called emulsification).
- Fold the mint leaves through the raita. Set aside.
- In a large bowl mix the self-raising flour, Greek yoghurt and salt together until combined. Knead it into a smooth dough until the mixture starts to come away from the bowl.
- Divide dough into four portions. Roll each into 25cm rounds.
- Remove lamb from marinade. Cook on preheated BBQ hotplate for 3 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Set aside to rest.
- Brush both sides of the yoghurt bread with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Cook breads on the BBQ hotplate, for about 2 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Baste with olive oil whilst they cook.
- Whilst the bread is cooking, grill the zucchini slices.
- To serve, slice and divide the rested lamb into four portions. Place each portion in the centre of the warm yoghurt bread. Top with grilled